As promised, here is the recipe for the pesto sauce that I made Saturday night. This pesto is perfect to use with bread, pizza, pasta, etc. We almost always have these ingredients on hand, making it easy to put together a delicious and healthy weeknight meal.
Avocado and Basil Pesto
– 6 cups fresh spinach
– 2 Avocados, peeled and seeded
– 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
– 2 teaspoon worchestire sauce
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– salt and pepper
– Add all the ingredients above into a food processor. Blend until smooth.
– Make Pesto sauce above
– Cook 1 pound of Spaghetti noodles until tender. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Drain noodles
– Add noodles to a bowl and top with the Avocado and Basil Pesto. Add the pasta water as needed, to loosen the sauce. Sprinkle with Goat cheese.