This elegant salad is full of flavor and texture, bringing a burst of color to your dinner table. If you love butternut squash then you will love this salad. Trust me!
Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
Serves 8-10 people
– 2 -8 oz bags of spring mix greens
– 1/2 cup of crumbled goat cheese
– 1 bag of trail mix ( mixed nuts, dried fruits, Cranberries, and Raisin’s)
– 1 medium sized butternut squash
– Peel, cut and dice the butternut squash into small pieces. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast in the oven on 400 for 35-40 minutes. Let the squash cool before adding it to the salad.
– In a large bowl add the spring mix, goat cheese, roasted butternut squash (cooled), and the bag of trail mix.
Creamy Balsamic Dressing
(Recipe adapted from Paula)
– 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
– 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
– 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
– 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
– 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
– 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 teaspoon dried basil
– 1/2 teaspoon sugar
– Mix ingredients and store in the refrigerator
**Makes about 5 oz. **