Its been a glorious week here in Charlotte and spring has officially arrived. Welcome warm weather, longer days and lots of grilling out. After my last several post (seven layer cookies, chocolate cake, and Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Scones) it is time that I share a healthy, veggie packed recipe with you. And boy is it good.
I found this recipe on Pinterest recently and since I had some sweet potato’s on hand I wanted to give it a try. I honestly wasn’t sure I would be able to pull this off with my meat loving husband but even he was a fan. Jason and I both love black beans and I knew they would go perfectly with the sweet potatoes so I chose to use those instead of the cannellini beans like the recipe called for. I also made a few other minor adjustments using what we already had on hand.
**Side note** This recipe makes five patties but between me and the mister we only had one leftover**
Black Bean and Sweet Potato Burger
– 1 large sweet potato, cooked and peeled
– 1 can black beans, drained
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon honey
– 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
– 2 tablespoons wheat flour
– Bake sweet potato, peel and place in a mixing bowl. Add beans (drained) and mas together.
– Add remaining ingredients and mix together.
– Form into patties and bake in the oven on 350 for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle of cheese on top (optional)