There are several reasons why I love casseroles like this. One, they can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake and two, they make great leftovers for lunch or dinner later in the week. I prepared this dish Sunday night so all I needed to do when I got home on Monday was take it out of the fridge and bake it in the oven for 30 minutes. How is that for a quick weeknight meal?
Jason’s mom has several different chicken casserole recipes so this is the first of a few that I will be posting. I made a few modifications from the original recipe by reducing the amount of mayo and using Cream of Chicken instead of Cream of Celery soup. Here is everything you need to make a delicious and well balanced meal all in pot.
– 2 cups chopped chicken (2 breast)- Cooked
– 1 Box Wild Rice- Cooked
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 1 Can low fat Cream of Chicken OR Cream of Celery Soup
– 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
– 1 can french cut green beans, drained
– 1 can water chestnuts, drained
– 1 4 oz. jar pimento, drained
– Cook the chicken and Rice. Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a casserole dish. Season with salt.
– Bake on 350 degrees for 30 minutes.