Here is another simple recipe for you to make this holiday season. Because there is no cooking involved this is the perfect treat to make with your kids. This decadent candy has a smooth and creamy peanut butter filling covered in a rich layer of chocolate, tasting just like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.
Peanut Butter Balls
(Recipe Yields 3 Dozen)
– 2 sticks butter
– 1 cup creamy peanut butter
– 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
– 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 1/2 bags semi-sweet chocolate morsels (18oz.)
-Combine butter and peanut butter together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 to 40 seconds for the butter to melt and the peanut butter to soften.
– Add vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix together until mixture has the consistency of dough,
– Place baking sheet in the freezer for an hour (or refrigerator 3 to 4 hours) till the dough becomes firm. (This makes the dough much easier to melt into the chocolate)