These little bite sized snacks are the perfect healthy option if you are looking for something sweet yet nutritious and full of flavor. They are simple to put together and a great thing to bring along for a hike (like we did here) or to keep around the house for the family to munch on.
These bites require no baking; just combine all of the ingredients together and with the quick pulse of a food processor you are on your way to the perfect snack. I like to store these in the freezer for when I want to grab something quick and nutritious for a little pick me up.
Dried Fruit and Oat Bites
(Recipe yields: 12 balls)
– 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
– 1 cup dried cranberries
– 1 cup dried chopped dates
– 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1/4 cup honey
– Add oats, dried fruit, sea salt and vanilla to a food processor. Pulse until smooth and the ingredients are well incorporated.
– Add in the honey and give it another quick pulse until mixed well with the other ingredients.
– Form into balls (about 1″ round)
– Store in the freezer and grab as needed.