In addition to this Banana Pudding, I made a Cream Cheese Brownie Pie for my family last weekend for Easter. I went a little sugar crazy making two desserts for 6 adults and two toddlers but I absolutely could not resist this chocolaty delight accompanying our traditional Easter treat. I blame it on the pregnancy :-). With a layer of cheesecake sandwiched between two layers of brownie and topped with chocolate fudge sauce, how could anyone resist this decadent dessert.
By no means would I call this pie healthy, however, I did lighten it up a bit by replacing the oil with applesauce and using light cream cheese. It still turned out to be rich, fudgy, and delicious and no one would ever know the difference. Since there was no way I could be trusted around this pie the minor changes made me feel a little better about eating more than my fair share.
Cream Cheese Brownie Pie
– 1 -8oz. package light cream cheese
– 3 tablespoons sugar
– 1 tablespoon vanilla
– 3 eggs
– 1 box of Betty Crocker Ultimate Fudge Brownie Mix
– 1/4 cup applesauce or oil
– 2 tablespoons water
– 1 deep dish frozen pie crust
– Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and 1 egg. Beat until smooth. Set aside
– Reserve the hot fudge package from the brownie mix for the topping.
– In a large bowl combine the brownie mix, applesauce, 1 tablespoon of water, and 2 eggs. Stir the ingredients until mixed well.
– Spread 1/2 of the brownie mixture in the bottom of the frozen pie crust. Spoon and carefully spread the cream cheese mixture over the brownie layer. Top with the remaining brownie mixture, spreading evenly.
– Bake on 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until center is puffed and browned.
– Add the hot fudge package to a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir in 1 tablespoon of water. Drizzle the fudge over pie.
– Cool for 3 hours in the refrigerator before serving.