I have always had a sweet tooth and while I was pregnant it certainly did not go away. In fact it became much worse. I knew that my sweet tooth was getting out of control so I told Jason once I had Scottie I was going to have to cut way back on my sugar consumption. Here we are a little over three weeks post pregnancy and the cravings are still as strong as ever. Many people say it’s because I am breastfeeding so I am going along with that assumption. Since I obviously have not cut back on sweets, and to be honest I really don’t want to, I am trying to make “healthier” choices. Which is how this incredibly delicious cake came about.
You would never know that this cake was made using Greek yogurt, water and egg whites. It turned out really moist and the blueberries and lemon gives it such a refreshing taste. Even better it is simple to make and can be ready in thirty minutes from start to finish. This light and flavorful dessert is perfect for the summer and you don’t have to feel guilty about eating it.
Lemon Glazed Blueberry Yogurt Cake
– 1 – (15.25oz.) box yellow cake Mix
– 2 egg whites
– 1- 6oz. container non-fat blueberry Greek yogurt
– 1 cup water
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– In a large bowl mix together the cake mix, yogurt, egg whites, water, and vanilla.
– Pour batter into a greased cake pan.
– Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
– Meanwhile, mix together the lemon juice and powdered sugar. Pour over the cake once it has finished baking, evenly spreading the glaze.