I like reading other blogs for dinner inspiration and am always intrigued by what other people include in their dinner rotations, especially when it is a simple recipe using ingredients that I already have on hand. When looking for last minute dinner ideas this saves me from making a trip to the grocery store with a newborn which makes this new momma very happy.
I can’t exactly call this a recipe since I was just putting ingredients together on a whim but I wanted to share it with you anyway in case you are finding yourself getting bored in the kitchen and looking for a little inspiration. This salad takes no time at all to prepare and it’s a healthy, delicious and filling dinner option perfect for the warmer days ahead.
My favorite part of this salad is by far the dressing. It’s light yet flavorful, and goes so well with the salmon. I served some crusty bread on the side so that I was sure to soak up every last bit of this tasty vinaigrette. You can use as much or as little of each ingredient as you like when putting this salad together although I tried to include approximate measurements to give you an idea.
Salmon Salad with New Potatoes
– New Potatoes (approximately 1 1/2 to 2 medium-sized per person)
– Salmon Fillet, about 6 oz. each
– Avocado, sliced
– Baby spinach leaves
– Cherry tomatoes, sliced
– Honey Roasted Pecans
**The following ingredients are based on approximate measurements. Tweak as you prefer. Recipe makes enough for 2-3 salads.
– Good balsamic vinegar ( I used lavender infused) – 1 Tablespoon
– Olive Oil- 2 Tablespoons
– Dijon mustard – 1 teaspoon
– Honey- 1 teaspoon
– Salt and Pepper the salmon and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
– Add potatoes to a pot of boiling water. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, or until soft. Drain then slice.
– Mix the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl, whisking well. Set aside.
– Add spinach to salad bowls. Top with sliced avocado, tomatoes, and pecans.
– Remove skin from cooked salmon. Add on top of the spinach with the sliced new potatoes
– Drizzle the dressing over salads and serve at once.