I got the idea for this recipe from the cookbook I shared with you a few weeks ago, Miss Dahl’s Voluptuous Delights. I really can’t say enough good things about this delightfully sweet and refreshing breakfast. The peaches come out of the oven golden and caramelized, allowing the juices to run and form a delicious syrup, which is then mixed into the Greek yogurt. It’s like eating dessert for breakfast.
I chose to add the oats for some texture and additional fiber and protein, creating a filling and nutritious meal. Feel free to include other items in with the yogurt such as additional fruit, granola or coconut.
Since the farmers market is full of delicious looking peaches right now this is the perfect time to stock up while they are fresh and juicy so that you too can enjoy your dessert for breakfast.
Roasted Peaches with Greek Yogurt
(Recipe adapted from Miss Dahl’s Voluptuous Delights Cookbook)
Serves 2 people
– 2-3 peaches, ripe but firm
– 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
– 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
– 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
– 1/2 tablespoon light butter
– 1 to 1 1/2 cups plain non-fat Greek Yogurt
– Honey, to drizzle
– Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Wash and half the peaches, removing the pits, and place in a small foil lined roasting pan.
– In a small bowl mix together the cinnamon and brown sugar.
– Sprinkle each peach half with the cinnamon/sugar mixture, and dot with the butter. Cook for 10 minutes.
– Once the peaches have finished cooking add the Greek yogurt to serving bowls and top each bowl with the peach halves.
– Drizzle with honey.