Based on the number of muffin recipes I have on the blog I clearly love a good muffin for a healthy snack or a quick on the go breakfast. Since I’m not eating dairy right now this version is perfect. These muffins are loaded with ripe, sweet bananas with a double dose of coconut; coconut oil and sweetened flaked coconut. Coconut oil is a healthy and versatile culinary oil with a natural coconut flavor and aroma. It has many health benefits and its one of the few foods that can be classified as a “superfood.”
These Coconut-Banana Muffins may not look like the fluffiest of muffins but they are incredibly moist and dense with the perfect amount of sweetness thanks to the ultra ripe bananas and honey.
I like to slather my muffin with peanut butter before eating it because really there us no better combination than peanut butter and banana.
Coconut-Banana Muffins (Dairy-Free)
(Recipe yields 12 muffins)
– 1 cup whole-wheat flour
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon sea salt
– 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil
– 4 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
– 1/2 cup honey
– 2 ripe bananas, mashed
– 2 eggs
– 1/4 cup warm water
– 1/3 cup coconut flakes
– In a large mixing bowl mix the flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and coconut flakes.
– In a separate bowl mix, the oil, applesauce, mashed banana, honey and eggs.
– Add wet ingredients to the dry; add in the warm water. Mix well
– Add batter to greased muffin tins.
– Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes