I am back. I can’t believe our annual beach trip has already come and gone. It was a wonderful vacation and one that I look forward to all year long. Jason and I are going to try making it back to the beach for a long weekend before the summer is over so at least I have another trip to look forward to. With or without a vacation though, we still have a lot going on right now and other things to enjoy.
Speaking of enjoying things lets talk about this cake that I made for our supper club Saturday night.
This berry icebox cake is similar to the chocolate éclair cake that I blogged about recently. Layers of graham crackers topped with whipped cream and berries are refrigerated for a few hours to create a creamy cake like texture. I mixed chocolate chips into the whipped cream for a pleasant surprise and additional touch of sweetness. It is a simple no-bake, light and fresh summer dessert. Not only is it super simple to make but it is crazy good and a definite crowd pleaser.
This festive dessert will make the perfect accompaniment to any Fourth of July celebration.
No-Bake Berry Icebox Cake
(Yields 10-12 servings)
– 2 pounds fresh strawberries, sliced
– 1 cup fresh blueberries
– 2- 8oz. tubs light whipped cream
– 1 box honey graham crackers
– 1/2 cup chocolate chip morsels
– Sugar-Free chocolate syrup to drizzle
– In a medium-sized bowl mix the tubs of whipped cream with the chocolate chips until the chips are hidden throughout.
– Spread a small spoonful of whipped cream on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking pan. Lay down sheets of graham crackers until the bottom is covered.
– Lightly cover the top of the graham crackers with more whipped cream, and then a single layer of strawberries and blueberries. Repeat two more times, until you have three layers of graham crackers.
– Spread the last of the whipped cream over top with the remainder of the strawberries and blueberries.
– Drizzle with the chocolate syrup.
– Store in the refrigerator at least four hours before serving. Can also be made the night before.