These cookies are by far the most popular recipe on this blog. I first blogged about them here in this post. Someone recently reached out to me asking what the calorie content was per cookie. Since this was an older recipe and I did not have the nutritional info calculated so I decided these little gems needed a little update.
Thick chewy and flavorful these cookies provide the perfect touch of sweetness to cure any sweet tooth. They can be served hot out of the oven or stored in the freezer for a healthy snack or sweet treat at a later time.
They take no time at all to prepare and only 4 simple ingredients are needed, most of which you probably already have on hand. Since I gave up chocolate for lent I substituted Reese peanut butter chips for the chocolate chips which worked just as well. The nutritional data was calculated using milk chocolate chips.
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- 1½ cups uncooked quick oats
- ⅓ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- In a medium-sized bowl mash the bananas using the back of a fork. Add in the peanut butter, oats and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the cookie mixture onto a greased baking sheet, leaving space between each.
- Bake for 15 minutes.