This recipe is so simple it really doesn’t count as a recipe but it’s too good to not share. After seeing pictures of avocado on toast flying around the internet I knew I needed to give it a try. I can assure you it did not disappoint. I kept my toast as simple as possible using just a few ingredients: avocado, goat cheese, lime, sea salt and pepper.
This toast is cool and refreshing, a perfect summer breakfast or lunch option. It’s simple and easy and full of healthy fats that will leave you feeling satisfied. The key to this recipe is using a ripe avocado. Also, be sure to choose a dense and hearty bread that can hold the weight of the avocado mixture.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1oz. Goat cheese
- Juice from half a lime
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- favorite hearty bread, toasted
- Toast your bread. While it’s in the toaster, halve and pit your avocado and scoop out the flesh with a spoon then pop it in a bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork and mix in the lime juice. Crumble in the goat cheese and fold it into avocado mixture.
- Spoon mixture on top of toasted bread and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper