Well hello there sweet glorious Friday. I am looking forward to a relaxing weekend with my family which leads me right in to my # 1 for this weeks five on Friday. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
1. This is going to be my view for the weekend as we head to my happy place (a.k.a. the mountains). I am looking forward to seeing the beautiful fall leaves and just relaxing with my family. We plan to get out and do some hiking and Saturday afternoon we are meeting up with some friends for cocktails and smores by their outdoor fireplace.
2. This fall snack mix is making an appearance this weekend as I put together a batch to take with us. This festive sweet and salty mix is full of fun things to snack on.
3. Yesterday this girl turned 18 months old. She continues to amaze me everyday as I watch her grow and learn and soak up the world around her. It surprises me how much she truly understands.
4. Yesterday we joined a few of our friends for a trip to the pumpkin patch. We went last year with the same group of friends and it is crazy to think that it had already been a year since we were all there. Last year I was carrying Scottie around in the ergo and this year she was running around playing with all the outdoor toys they had set up. Of course a trip to the pumpkin patch isn’t complete without picking up several jars of jam and pumpkin butter.
5. I got the new Skinnytaste cookbook this week and I love it. I have cooked many of the recipes from her blog and after browsing through her cookbook I want to try them all. The pictures are gorgeous and like her blog she includes the nutritional information for each of her recipes. She shows her readers how to eat healthy and flavorful meals.