“I received free samples of Libby’s new Vegetable Pouches mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Libby’s and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
Libby’s has recently come out with new vegetable packages that will start rolling out in select Walmart stores this fall, and be made available nationally in January 2015. As a recipe redux member I am being challenged to get moving in the kitchen by creating a delicious appetizer, soup, salad or side dish in 10 minutes or less using Libby’s Vegetable Pouches as the star ingredient. These environmentally friendly pouches are made with BPA non-intent materials. They are easy to open, store, and carry and cook in the microwave in less than a minute. These facts alone had me jumping at the opportunity to try out these new pouches.
This pea, ricotta and bacon salad is full of texture and flavor. You have pop from the peas, crunch from the bacon and creaminess from the ricotta. Not only is it delicious and healthy but it comes together in less than 10 minutes!
I could not be happier with the way this salad turned out. I will admit that eating peas doesn’t exactly get me excited. Don’t get me wrong I like them and all but I don’t spend the day anxiously waiting for dinner beccasue “oh my gosh we are having peas”. This salad however will have you excited for dinner. My toddler, who really isn’t keen on many vegetables, happily ate this dish.
Libby’s vegetable pouches are a life saver when it comes to getting farm-fresh vegetable goodness on your table for you and your family in no time at all. This salad will make a great addition to your Thanksgiving table or any other time of the year.
- 1 bag Libby's vegetable pouch peas
- 3 slices Boar's Head fully cooked microwaveable bacon, heated and chopped
- ¼ cup part skim ricotta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- ½ teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Microwave peas following directions on the package (1 minute)
- Microwave bacon till cooked and crispy (25 seconds). Chop once it has cooled
- In a serving bowl add peas, bacon, ricotta, chives and basil. Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss to mix.
- Serve warm or at room temperature