Tahini-Maple Tofu Stir-Fry
serving size is for the stir-fry only.
Serves: 2-3 servings
- 1 14oz. block extra firm water packed packed tofu, rinsed, patted dry and cut into 1" cubes
- 4 Tablespoons Tahini
- 2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 Teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and begin drying the tofu by removing from package, place between two towels and folded, allowing the liquid to drain. Drain for 15 minutes or so, changing towels if needed. Once dry chop into 1"cubes.
- Arrange tofu on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Begin cooking rice noodles or rice if you haven't already
- Meanwhile heat the tahini, maple syrup, sesame oil and garlic in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.Add water starting with 1 tablespoon until a smooth creamy sauce forms.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Using a little oil in the pan add the red pepper and peas. Cook 5 minutes or till vegetables begin to soften.
- Lower heat and add the tofu and tahini-maple sauce mixing until everything is coated. Add in the rice noodles and continue to cook 10-15 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve the stir-fry over rice or noodles.