“I received free samples from Bumble Bee Seafoods that are mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Bumble Bee Seafoods and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
Fish is a high-protein, low-fat food that provides a range of health benefits. Fish is rich in a long chain of omega-3 fatty acids as well as two important minerals that aren’t easily consumed from other foods: iodine and selenium. Fish and other seafood should be a major part of everyone’s diet, especially for new moms and moms-to-be. According to a 2014 FDA report, a pregnant woman needs to consume an average of 9oz (3 to 4 servings) of canned albacore tuna per week during pregnancy in order for her child to realize the maximum net benefit to IQ, which is 2.8 IQ points by 9 years of age.
Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water is a convenient, affordable, nutritious and delicious way to make sure you and your family are eating enough seafood. There are endless ways of adding canned tuna into your meals and it’s a quick and easy way of incorporating fish into your diet. Take, for example, these Tuna Tostadas I made here using Bumble Bee’s Prime Fillet Solid White Albacore Tuna.
These crispy tostadas are similar to fish tacos, but the flat shape allows you to pile on your favorite toppings . Here crunchy tostada shells are topped with Bumble Bee canned tuna, corn, shredded broccoli slaw, avocado slices and a chipotle cream sauce. The resulting meal, which tastes healthy and fresh, is full of textures and flavor. Even better this meal can be ready in less than 20 minutes.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 5oz.cans Bumble Bee Prime Fillet Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
- ¾ cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- ½ Avocado.sliced
- ½ cup Broccoli slaw mix
- Chipotle Sauce:
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 small chipotle pepper in adobe sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- salt to taste
- Preheat Broiler
- In a saucepan, add the tuna and corn, cooking on low heat until heated through, about 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Meanwhile, add the ingredients for the chipotle sauce in a blender, mixing until everything is smooth and creamy.
- Place the corn tortillas on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 2-3 minutes on both sides till brown and crispy.
- Spread the tuna and corn mixture evenly among the tortillas. Top with the broccoli slaw and avocado slices. Drizzle with the creamy chipotle sauce
- Serve immediately