Recipe adapted from
Serves: 11 cubes
- ½ cup unsalted, almonds
- 4 cups (packed) fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¾ cup chopped fresh chives
- ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Meanwhile, pulse almonds in a food processor until smooth. Add parsley, chives, oil, and Parmesan; process until smooth. Season pesto with salt and pepper.
- Divide pesto evenly among an ice cube tray. Place in the freezer till hard (several hours)
- Remove the pesto from the ice cube tray and place each cube into a freezer bag till ready to use.
Serving size: 1 cube Calories: 197.63.6 Fat: 20 Saturated fat: 3.3 Carbohydrates: 3.1 Sugar: .5 Sodium: 97 Fiber: 1.6 Protein: 4 Cholesterol: 3.6