It’s officially football season and if your house is anything like mine there’s a constant reminder of that on TV. Today I’m bring back one of my favorites from the archives to give it an updated look and there’s no better time to share this recipe than now, with all the football watching and game day fun that’s being had.
Hot, cheesy dips are by far a weakness of mine, with Spinach artichoke being at the top of that list.Unfortunately these yummy dips are full of fat and calories,which is probably what makes them such a crowd pleaser. Here I’ve taken one of my favorite appetizers and given it a healthy twist by using reduced fat cheeses, replacing the mayonnaise for Greek Yogurt and increasing the amount of spinach and artichokes used for a veggie boost. For this recipe I use frozen spinach but be sure to drain any excess water really well before adding it into the mixture.
- 2- 8oz packages light cream cheese, softened
- 2- 14oz cans artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
- 10oz box frozen chopped spinach
- ½ Cup Greek Yogurt
- ½ Cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ Cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, plus ¼ cup for the topping (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook spinach in the microwave according to the box directions. Drain all excess liquid.
- Cream together the cream cheese, Greek Yogurt, Parmesan, mozzarella, garlic, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add in the artichoke hearts and spinach (drained well) and mix till blended.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, pour in dip and top with extra mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.