Kale Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette
Serves: 8-10 servings
- 12 oz. bag of kale (stems removed and torn into pieces)
- 1 cup craisins
- 4 oz.container feta cheese
- 5 oz. bag caramelized pecans (if you can't buy them, melt 1 tablespoon butter and one tablespoon brown sugar, and pecans and coat. Spread on wax paper to cool then chop if needed)
- Tarragon Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup tarragon vinegar: I bought a bottle of tarragon vinegar from amazon or you can make your own (1/4 cup white vinegar, add some dried tarragon, let it soak a few hours then drain the mixture through a coffee filter )
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup olive oil
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Toss to incorporate all the goodness throughout.
- You can also prepare a few days worth of lunches ahead of time and divide the salad among individual containers.
- For the dressing mix all of the ingredients together in a glass jar. Mix a few hours before serving and overnight is even better. Store in the refrigerator.