I mentioned earlier this week that I had another post coming to you full of summery goodness and here it is. This zucchini summer salad was inspired by this months Recipe Redux theme.
Get Your Fruits and Veggies in Shape
With produce galore, now’s a great time to enjoy lots of fruits and vegetables. Show us how you’re serving the bounty of gardens and orchards in shapes like ribbons, noodles, cut-outs, or other creative cuts.
Spiralizing veggies into noodles has become quite popular over the past few years and I for one think they’re a genius idea. It adds a completely different texture and look to a dish and it simply makes eating your veggies a bit more fun.
This zucchini salad is the best way to take full advantage of all of summers delicious produce. Zucchini noodles are combined with juicy ripe tomatoes, sweet corn, and chopped fresh basil with a lemon vinaigrette drizzled over top. It’s light, fresh and flavorful and it absolutely screams summer time.
This vegetable salad could not be easier to make. It’s the perfect side dish to go alongside grilled chicken, pork or even fish for a healthy and nutritious meal.
- 2 cups Zucchini Noodles (approximately two zucchini's)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels, cooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- For the Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Start by preparing the Lemon Vinaigrette: Whisk the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Use a spiralizer to make your zucchini noodles. Alternately, you can use a mandolin to make ribbons or a vegetable peeler.
- In a large bowl combine the zucchini noodles, corn kernels, tomatoes, and chopped basil. Toss to combine.
- Drizzle the Lemon vinaigrette over the salad and allow it to sit for 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.