With some of us starting off the new year on a new diet, or simply vowing to eat healthier then you probably don’t want to read a post about cookies. However, these cookies are much different from the ones that became a regular occurrence over the holidays. At least for me they did. These sweet potato cookies are, dare I say healthy, as they’re full of good for you ingredients.
The last breakfast cookie I made was such a hit, both with my family and on the blog, I wanted to try my hand at creating another one. Only 6 ingredients are needed for these sweet potato cookies to come about, most of which you probably already have on hand.
These cookies are vegan, gluten-free and naturally sweetened thanks to the sweet potatoes and maple syrup. They’re a quick and easy way to get in some essential vitamins and nutrients. Not only are they healthy enough for breakfast but they’re perfect for a pre or post workout snack.
- 1¼ cup oats, gluten-free or regular
- 1¼ cups sweet potato, mashed
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup nut butter of your choosing
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined
- Divide the batter and form into small cookie rounds
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from pan