It’s the 21st of the month which means its time for our Recipe Redux post. Here’s what we have going on this month.
Spring Clean the Kitchen
Cook with at least 3 ingredients that are actually in your refrigerator or pantry right now. Try not to go to the store to buy anything new. Give tips on how to make a healthy dish out of whatever you have on-hand.
This meal requires little thinking when it comes to whats for dinner, and some nights that’s really all we need. It’s exactly what the title of this post implies–A clean out the fridge kind of meal.
I know I sing the praises for sheet pan dinners often but for good reason. They are simple to throw together and require very little clean up, both of which help the stress of dinner time much easier to handle. This meal is nutritious, delicious and filling and when it comes to feeding our bodies you really can’t ask for more than that.
I make this particular meal for my family often but this is the first time adding the tahini dressing over top. You can certainly leave it off if you don’t have the ingredients on hand but since we did I decided to experiment a little. I’m so glad I did because we loved it.
I always have these chicken sausage links on hand, especially when they go on sale, which they often do. Sweet potatoes are a pantry staple around here, and there’s usually some sort of green vegetable hanging out in the produce drawer each week. Feel free to add in whatever veggies you have on hand or switch it up by adding different spices over top.
Once the veggies and sausage are chopped, add them to a lightly-greased baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Slide this delicious medley into the oven, tossing the mixture a couple of times while it’s cooking to make sure everything gets roasted evenly. It really is as simple as that. Next time your find yourself wondering whats for dinner give this recipe a try.
- 12 ounces chicken sausage links, chopped
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, ends removed and chopped in half
- 2 Sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1" cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Tahini Dressing:
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup warm water, plus more as needed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Start by chopping the sausage and veggies
- Add the mixture to a greased baking sheet, Spreading everything out evenly. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, tossing the mixture a few times while cooking.
- While the sausage and veggies are cooking prepare the Tahini dressing.
- Tahini Dressing: Add tahini, salt and garlic powder to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add water, continuing to whisk, until you have a creamy and pourable sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Before serving the sausage and veggies drizzle with desired amount of Tahini dressing (optional). Enjoy!