It’s no secret I love cooking with my crock pot all year long. It makes meal time a breeze and when it comes to quick and easy dinner ideas that’s something we can all get on board with. I was excited to hear about this months Recipe Redux challenge for more slow cooker recipes to add into the mix.
Beat the Heat with the Slow Cooker/Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker Recipes:
Whether you go slow or fast, just don’t turn on the oven. Show us how to keep the kitchen cool by using one of these appliances: Slow cooker, instant pot, pressure cooker. (If you have none of these, use the microwave, rice cooker or another keep-cool appliance.)
Thai cuisine is always a hit in our house. Each dish packs so much flavor with the combination of sweet and spice. Thanks to the crock pot this Thai Chicken recipe comes together in no time at all. With summer in full swing this gives me more time to spend with my kids outside.
Here, chicken breast are cooked in a flavorful and sweet peanut butter sauce made with Almond milk. Sliced pepper is thrown in for some color. This Thai inspired dish is a healthier twist on this classic cuisine. You can easily turn up the heat by adding more sriracha based on personal preference.
A deliciously sweet peanut dressing is added over top for a finishing touch to the shredded chicken. Simply combine all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Garnish with mango, chopped peanuts and even cilantro, if that’s your thing. Keep this dish light by serving over a salad or tucked into a lettuce wrap.
- 2 lbs Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup Almond milk
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Additional toppings:
- shredded carrots
- diced mango
- Thai peanut dressing:
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- Add peanut butter, honey, soy sauce , sriracha, Almond milk, and garlic to a medium sized bowl and whisk until sauce is well combined. Add chicken and peppers to the pot and pour in sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Once done, remove the chicken and shred using 2 forks. Return to slow cooker; stir to combine chicken with the sauce.
- Serve the chicken over top rice, noodles, salads or lettuce wraps. Add additional toppings and the peanut dressing.
- Thai peanut dressing: Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Refrigerate till ready to serve. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Recipe yields approximately 1 cup.