I’m pretty sure the folks at Recipe Redux had me in mind when this months idea came to fruition. Today we’re talking about one of my favorite quick and easy ways for getting dinner on the table.
Sheet Pan Meals
We love throwing ingredients together on a sheet pan and roasting for a simple sheet pan dinner. They make busy weeknights a bit more manageable. (And clean-up isn’t bad either!) Show us your healthy take on a sheet pan meal.
Who doesn’t love a good sheet pan dinner? We’re talking easy prep work, easy clean up, and one simple pan that makes all of this possible.
Give me all the sheet pan recipes!
This recipe for Herb crusted halibut with potatoes and veggies is easy enough anyone can make it. Toss everything directly on a sheet pan with a little olive oil and seasonings. Pop in the oven and the end result is a delicious buttery fish with crispy potatoes and tender veggies. It really doesn’t get any better than that. Simple, healthy and delicious.
- 1lb. Halibut Fillet
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley + more for the potatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 lbs red new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1 bunch asparagus
- salt and pepper to taste
- Additional chopped parsley for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- On a large greased baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer. Bake tossing halfway through, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile prep the halibut: Place the butter, lemon juice, salt, herbs and garlic in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. Stir till combined.
- Once the potatoes have cooked remove the pan from the oven and push the potatoes to the side.
- Reduce oven heat to 425 degrees.
- Place the fish on a baking sheet and coat the halibut with the herb butter using a pastry brush.
- Add the asparagus with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of salt and pepper to the sheet pan.
- Place back into the oven. Roast until the fish is cooked through and potatoes and asparagus are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter or individual plates and serve immediately.