I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We had the best time celebrating our little man’s birthday all weekend long. My husband has today off for President’s day and we all needed the extra day to recover. I’ll save some of the party details for another post but in the meantime lets talk about muffins.
I always have muffins tucked away in the freezer for a quick and easy breakfast for my family. They’re perfect for those busy mornings when a grab and go breakfast is all you have time for and nothing says good morning like these morning glory muffins.
This is an old school recipe but one that’s stood the test of time. It’s remained a favorite among many for years, and for good reason. They’re similar to carrot cake in both taste and texture so whats not to love. I’ve transformed these muffins into a hearty, healthy and nutritious breakfast or snack.
Not only are these muffins gluten-free, dairy-free and refined-sugar free but they are loaded with fruits and veggies as well. The mix-ins include pineapple, carrots, coconut, raisins and pecans. It’s a mix of flavor and texture in every bite.
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ¾ cups raisins
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained.
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup mashed bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add liners or cooking spray to the muffins tins. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flours, baking soda, salt, and coconut.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine the honey, applesauce, crushed pineapple, grated carrots, eggs, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and mashed banana. Add mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Fold in the raisins and pecans.
- Fill each muffin tin ¾ of the way full with the dough. Bake 25-30 minutes or till cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool,10 minutes or so, before removing from the tin.