Good morning! I haven’t been able to join a Recipe Redux link up party in a few months so I’m excited to be back. Plus this months theme is a good one as it’s all about baking bread. We all know how much I love doing that.
Turn on your ovens! Be it tried and true traditional yeast bread, or one of the new trendy protein-added breads, show us what you’re baking. Whether sourdough or bread with added-veggies, don’t forget to tell if it makes great toast too.
Collagen has gained in popularity over the past few years for the major health benefits it provides. It makes a great addition to coffee, smoothies and other liquids since it dissolves well and has no taste. I decided to add this magical powder to zucchini bread to give it an extra boost of protein and I’m only sad I never tried this sooner.
Let’s take a minute and talk about what exactly collagen is?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies and is found in muscles, bones, skin, blood vessels, digestive system and tendons. Our body’s collagen production naturally begins to slow down as we age, so adding it to our diets is critical as we get older. Collagen is known for:
- improving the health for skin and hair
- reducing joint pain and degeneration
- helping to heal leaky gut
- Boosting Metabolism, Muscle Mass and Energy Output
- strengthening nails, hair and teeth
- improving liver health
- protecting cardiovascular health
As far a collagen goes, this is the brand I use, but you can find several great options on the market.
This paleo zucchini bread is a great way to sneak in collagen while also gaining the health benefits it provides. This bread is made with almond flour and coconut flour making it gluten free and grain free. It’s incredibly moist and delicious with so much hidden goodness tucked inside. It’s perfect for breakfast or a snack as is, or with a spread of almond butter over top.
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup collagen hydrolysate or peptides
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan and set aside
- Grate the zucchini. Squeeze out the excess moisture
- In a large bowl add the flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and collagen. In a separate bowl mix the mashed banana, shredded zucchini, eggs, and honey until well incorporated. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until everything is mixed together.
- Add the mixture to a loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool