I have no self control when it comes to homemade granola and it’s something we almost always have in the house. I very rarely buy store bought granola because I’ve been spoiled by making my own. It really is so much better, both in taste and for your body, not to mention it’s also easier on the wallet.
This Vanilla Almond granola is incredibly delicious and seriously addicting. It makes the perfect crunchy topping to just about anything while being equally as good on its own. It could not be easier to make and it uses ingredients you most likely already have on hand. The vanilla is a distinct flavor without being too overwhelming and I love the spice the cinnamon and ginger add.
Oats are naturally gluten-free, however, generally they’re grown, transported and processed with wheat. For this reason cross contamination is very high so it’s important to use certified gluten-free oats if your trying to avoid gluten. This is the brand I use although there are several good ones on the market.
You can customize this granola according to your preferences by adding in dried fruit or using different nuts in the recipe.
- 4 cups Gluten-Free old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup slivered or chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together the oats, almonds, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- In another, whisk together the maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Pour the mixture over the oats and stir well and evenly.
- Spread the granola onto a baking sheet, making sure it's spread out in an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes. Pull the baking sheet out of the oven and stir the granola, turning it all over. Bake for another 15 minutes and stir again. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes them remove from the oven.
- Allow the granola to cool before storing in an airtight container or mason jar.