“I received free samples of Sabra mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
This light and healthy flatbread is perfect for the warmer months ahead. Fresh and flavorful veggies serve as the topping to this super nutritious, and super flavorful lunch or dinner.
For this veggie flatbread I used Sabra Hummus for the spread and the “glue” to hold the toppings in place. I, for one, love hummus and find it’s a great way to incorporate more plant-based protein into my diet. Sabra hummus is available in more than a dozen different flavors to keep your taste buds guessing as to whats coming next. Hummus can be used to improve the nutritional value of meals and snacks, especially when used in place of other calorie-laden spreads, toppings or ingredients. Not only is Sabra hummus delicious but each flavor produces a bold and delicious flavor.
For this recipe I used my chickpea flatbread for the crust. It’s naturally gluten-free and gives the dish additional protein and fiber.I chose the roasted red pepper hummus as the spread since it pairs nicely with the other Greek inspired toppings.
Chewy flatbread serves as the base for creamy hummus and crunchy vegetables for a healthy meal with layers of texture and flavor.
- 1 whole chickpea flatbread
- ½-3/4 cup Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 2 tablespoons chopped Kalamata Olives
- ½ cup peeled and sliced cucumber
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
- ⅓ cup artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Make the crust by using my chickpea flatbread recipe
- While the flatbread is baking add the olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and artichokes to a bowl. Add the chopped parsley and 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and toss until combined.
- Once the flatbread is cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before topping.
- Spread the Sabra roasted red pepper hummus over the cooled (but still warm) flatbread and top with the chopped veggies. Sprinkle on feta and the chopped parsley