I currently have another batch of this Coconut Cashew Granola baking in the oven and my house smells fantastic. This time I went ahead and made a double batch because we finished off the last one entirely to soon.
It’s safe to say I have a slight obsession with granola. I love the nutty, crunchy, slightly sweet taste it provides. I have several different granola recipes on the blog but I wanted to come up with a grain free version to add to the mix. This granola is gluten-free, grain-free, and refined sugar-free. Its made using a mix of nuts and seeds, which provides a great boost of energy as it’s packed with healthy fats and protein.The chia seeds and Hemp seeds provide many health benefits and are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids.
My favorite way to eat this granola, besides by itself, is over top a smoothie bowl. It provides the perfect crunch to the smooth and creamy mixture. It’s also great over top yogurt or simply eaten as you would cereal, with a little nut milk poured in.
My favorite part is the large clusters of granola this mix makes, which is much easier for snacking. The granola comes together quickly by mixing the dry ingredients together, coating it with melted coconut oil, cashew butter and honey before baking it. The melted ingredients brings everything together while also adding sweetness to the mix. It’s incredibly delicious, yet addicting, so consider yourself warned.
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- ⅓ cup cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup cashews, chopped
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup Almond flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a saucepan melt the coconut oil, honey (maple syrup), cashew butter and vanilla extract together until smooth.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients to a large bowl. Pour in the cashew butter mixture. Using a rubber spatula, fold until clusters form and the mixture is fully coated.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet. Using the spatula, gently spread the granola into an even layer, keeping the clusters together.
- Bake 15 minutes. Gently stir, then bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool then store in a glass jar or other sealed container.