It’s been a few months since I’ve contributed to the monthly Recipe Redux post. This months theme is: Fresh from the Pumpkin Patch and I could not be more excited.
Don’t forget to think beyond ‘pumpkin spice’ to all the ways you’re serving pumpkin these days. Of course, if pumpkin spice is what you’re craving – because it’s finally getting cold where you live, go pumpkin spice all the way.
We’re currently experiencing the most perfect fall day with chilly weather, lots of sunshine and Carolina blue skies. Nothing screams fall more than pumpkin spice and I love cozying up with some tasty recipes featuring this spice. Today I’m bringing you a twist on my favorite grain free granola with a little pumpkin spice flare.
My obsession with granola is real and it’s become a constant staple in our kitchen. It’s really, REALLY easy to throw together and a batch of it (usually) last a couple of weeks. When making my own I have control over the ingredients, which makes for a healthier alternative to many of the store bought brands. This granola uses a combination of nuts, seeds and coconut for a grain-free version of this popular snack.
I used pumpkin puree as part of the wet ingredients that helps to make this granola the deliciousness that it is. Additionally, pumpkin pie spice is added in for a double dose of pumpkin flavor. Once baked, the granola becomes nice and crunchy and tiny clusters will form. After the granola has cooled, gently give the granola a stir being sure to keep those clusters intact. They’re easy to grab and so good for snacking.
This Pumpkin Spiced Granola is perfect for breakfast, snacking, or sprinkling over top yogurt or ice cream for a little treat.
- 1 Cup almonds, chopped
- 1 Cup cashews, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds, ground
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup nut butter (I used Almond)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add nuts and seeds to a large mixing bowl and stir in the coconut flakes, chia seeds, flaxseeds, almond flour, cinnamon, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the pumpkin, coconut oil, nut butter, vanilla and syrup. Pour mixture over the dry ingredients and stir till fully covered.
- Pour the granola on to a parchment lined baking sheet. Using a spatula, gently spread the granola into an even layer, keeping the clusters together.
- Bake 15 minutes. Gently stir, then bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool then store in a glass jar or other sealed container.