It’s that time of the month where I get to participate in The Recipe Redux monthly challenge. Let’s take a look at what we have going on this month.
Oscar Movie Inspiration:
The Academy Awards will be February 24 – so let’s head to the movies – and into the kitchen. Show us your favorite movie-themed recipe; it might be a recreation of your favorite meal from a movie or a perfect appetizer to serve at an Oscar viewing party.
These Salmon Salad Cucumber Cups is the appetizer I would serve if I was throwing an Oscar viewing party. It’s light and refreshing. It looks fancy, as most things Oscar related are, yet they’re super simple to make.
All you need is some cooked salmon and a few simple ingredients to pull this salad together. I used canned salmon for this recipe, which seems to be a highly underrated kitchen ingredient. It’s quick and easy and by keeping a few on hand you have fast access to a healthy and nutritious protein. This is the brand I like to use but of course leftover cooked salmon will work just as well.
The creamy salad is the perfect contrast to the cool and crisp cucumber. The capers add a nice salty element while the dill adds a brightness to each cup. If your looking to add a little pizzazz to your Oscar party, or really any party for that matter, I highly recommend giving these tasty little bites a try.
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2- 6oz. cans salmon
- 3 Cucumbers
- Combine the salmon, onions, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, and capers. Stir in the dill.
- Was the cucumbers and cut into ¾-inch-thick slices. Scoop out the seeds using a small spoon, leaving the bottom intact to form a cup.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the mixture into each cucumber cup then place on a platter.