This is a recipe that I have blogged about before but wanted to make again so I could update the pictures. You can go here to see the original post.
This low-fat dish is a great twist on the classic meatloaf. Since ground chicken doesn’t seem to dry out like ground turkey does I like to use it to create this moist and flavorful meatloaf.
This is the ultimate comfort food that you don’t have to feel bad about eating. Meatloaf paired with veggies and/or casseroles is a quintessential southern meal and here I chose to serve it with sautéed Brussels sprouts and cauliflower mashed potatoes for a nutritious yet comforting weeknight meal.
– 2 lbs. ground chicken
– 3/4 cup of old-fashioned oats
– 1/2 cup of milk (I used almond milk but skim milk would work just as well)
– 1 cup diced onions
– 1 cup diced green pepper
– 1 egg, 1 egg white
– 1/4 cup ketchup
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 1 teaspoon sage
– salt and pepper
– Add all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
– Place the mixture into a loaf pan and bake on 350 degrees for 1 hour.
– Allow the meatloaf to sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.