An easy, no bake, chocolate-peanut butter cookie. What’s not to love? You would never believe this chocolaty goodness comes in at just under 150 calories per cookie. In other words it’s simply perfect.
These cookies are rich and chewy with a nice texture from the oats. Even though most of the chocolate chips end up melting after being added to the dough they seem to make the cookies a bit more fudgy, which is never a bad thing.
No oven is required in the making of these cookies but a bit of time is needed for them to set up in the fridge. I know, I know patience isn’t my strong suit either but it’s only 30 minutes. In the meantime you can take a few licks from the batter itself. Believe me these cookies are definitely worth the (small) wait.
Store cookies in a sealed container in the fridge
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ¾ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt + extra to sprinkle over top
- Combine the honey, coconut oil, cocoa powder and sea salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring until the coconut oil has melted and the mixture is smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter; stir until completely melted, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the oats; cover and set aside 5 minutes. Uncover and stir in the chocolate chips, and chia seeds.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a measuring tablespoon to scoop the dough and place on the cookie sheet, pressing the dough with your fingers to level. (Dough will be a little sticky). Sprinkle a little bit of sea salt onto the cookies
- Refrigerate the cookies until cold, at least 30 minutes.
- Serve chilled
- Keep cookies stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator.