I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Other than the sinus infection that tried to take me down earlier in the week it has been a good one as we prepared for Turkey day and now I feel like the fun is just getting started. I love the weeks leading up to Christmas with all the parties, shopping, cooking, baking, and just being surrounded by family and friends. It really is the most wonderful time of the year. I am joining in again this week with April, Christina, Natasha, and Darci for the weekly five on Friday party. I hope the rest of your holiday weekend is wonderful and safe travels for those who will be making their way back home.
1. Obviously Thanksgiving Day is my number one favorite thing for this weeks five on Friday. Jason and I bundled Scottie up first thing in the morning and headed out to run the Turkey Trot for Charlotte’s annual Thanksgiving Day race. It’s a fun race, full of holiday spirit, and the perfect start to the day before all the festivities begin. After the race we came back home to shower and load up the car then headed to my parents house where we met my brother and his family to spend the remainder of the day. It was the prefect way to spend Thanksgiving surrounded by family and I went to bed that night with a full heart and a full belly.
2. I am definitely more of an online shopper but I will admit I am getting a little excited for black Friday. Don’t let me fool you into thinking I have already set up tent somewhere or plan to be waiting outside for the doors to open but I may make an appearance out at some point. There are a few things in particular I am looking to score a deal on but I honestly don’t even know if they will be running any sort of sale on these items. I guess I just assume that EVERYTHING is marked down on black Friday. I plan to check online first before I go anywhere since I have seen many companies doing black Friday deals online as well.
3. Saturday we are taking our annual trip to the mountains to cut down our Christmas tree. My parents started this tradition with my brother and I when we were very small and we have continued to go year after year. It’s a special day and I plan to keep this tradition going with my family for as long as I can.
4. Next week we are leaving for New York for a few days and I am so excited. This will be Scottie’s first plane ride, which I am a little nervous about, but I cant wait to be in the city during this wonderful time of year with my favorite girl. Jason and I have spent several days during the holidays in the city for the past couple of years so I guess this is another tradition we would like to keep going. I absolutely love New York during Christmas and I cant wait to see the joy and excitement on Scottie’s face as she experiences it for the first time. I would love any recommendations for things to do or places to eat while we are there.
5. Has anyone heard this Christmas CD yet? I love a cappella music and the talent this group has is simply amazing. I ordered the CD off amazon and all the songs are really good, but this one still remains my favorite. It gives me chills every time I listen to it.