“By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra Dipping Co. LLC, and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I received coupons for free product used in testing this recipe. I was not compensated for my time.”
Did you know that 2 spoonfuls of hummus a day will fulfill your bean recommendation for the week.
Research shows that diets with increased bean consumption are associated with reduced risk of chronic diseases like heart disease, diabetes and obesity. So not only is hummus super delicious but it’s healthy too.
Hummus is an ingredient we almost always keep in our refrigerator to pull out as a dip for pretzels or veggie sticks for a quick and healthy snack. It also makes the perfect spread to a sandwich or wrap in place of mayonnaise. There are many ways to enjoy this creamy spread but up until now I had never thought to use it as a sauce for pasta. I was more than happy with the way it turned out and even my husband kept commenting on how delicious it was. Hummus, feta cheese, artichokes and chickpeas come together in this dish to create a light and delicious Mediterranean inspired meal. The hummus makes this pasta super creamy plus it adds an extra dose of protein for a healthy and well balanced meal.
Hummus always makes for delicious game day grub but if you really want to step up your menu I encourage wowing your friends with this hummus inspired pasta dish. It’s the perfect thing to bring to your next tailgate or serve to friends for an at-home game day party. It comes together in 20 minutes tops making it perfect for game day so you don’t miss seeing any of the action.
- 8 ounces Penne Pasta
- ½ cup Sabra Classic Hummus
- 1- 15oz. can chickpeas beans, drained
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 oz. crumbled feta
- ½ cup chopped canned artichokes, drained
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until tender, 10-12 minutes. Drain, reserving ½ cup of pasta liquid. Whisk hummus into the liquid , mixing until a sauce is formed.
- Add the hummus sauce to the cooked noodles. Add in the chickpeas, crushed garlic, paprika, oregano and artichoke hearts. Toss until everything is mixed well. Top pasta with the crumbled feta.