Happy Monday. I’m currently blogging from our cabin in the mountains where we’re spending the next two weeks. Even though Jason is working during the day there’s a much slower pace to life up here giving us all a chance to relax and recharge and fully take advantage of the laid back feel of summer. There are plenty of new and different activities for us to do and we have family and friends joining us at different times throughout our stay. It’s so hot in Charlotte right now so getting outside to swim and play is much more manageable (and bearable) up here, especially with Parker in tow.
I wanted to pop in real quick and share an incredibly delicious breakfast bowl I made recently. This cantaloupe bowl is perfect for a summertime breakfast as its cold and refreshing, and full of fresh fruit and creamy yogurt. Not only is it healthy and delicious but its beautiful to look at and a fun way to eat the always popular breakfast bowl. Use this recipe simply as a guide to making your own bowl as you add or takeaway ingredients based on personal preference and what you have on hand. I used my favorite homemade granola for the topping since I almost always have a batch on hand and regular Greek yogurt can be substituted for the coconut milk yogurt. With many of you just a few short weeks away from starting back to school, this bowl is the perfect way to soak up a lazy summer morning with the best breakfast possible.
- 1 Small Cantaloupe half with the seeds scooped out
- ¼ cup granola( I prefer homemade over store bought)
- Half a banana, sliced
- 5 oz container Plain Coconut Milk Greek style "yogurt" (I used the So Delicious brand)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- Additional fresh berries (optional)
- Cut the cantaloupe in half and using a spoon, scoop out the seeds from the inside. Use the space where the seeds were as your "bowl"
- Pour the coconut yogurt inside of the cantaloupe bowl.
- Top with the granola, banana slices, chia seeds, coconut and additional berries.
- Serve immediately