Gluten-Free Ginger Molasses Cookies
Serves: 24 small cookies
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup blackstrap molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 egg
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the melted butter, molasses, ginger, and egg until blended. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until combined.
- Cover the bowl and chill the batter in the fridge for 1 hour (or longer if needed).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use your hands to roll the dough into tablespoon-size balls and space two inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. ( Cookies will flatten out as they bake).
- Bake in the center of the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies start to brown.
- Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.